Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Flavor Graveyard at Ben and Jerry's



One of the many fun places I've been to, a couple of times actually, during my many travels in last decades "See All 50 Before I turn 50" goal, was Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory and Tour in Stowe, Vermont. There, back behind the building, on an isolated hill, is a wonderfully humoristic white picket fence "Flavors Graveyard". Tombstones listing the name and years in existance of no-longer-made, down-the-toilet ice cream flavors are listed. It's a great place. I had taken photographs to remember some of these flavors.

In my teaching kids how to write, I opted to use recently, these very flavors as a prompt for their writing, and then embellishing, obituaries. This out-of-the-box idea was fun for them, and for me. I seldom include anything on this blog that is work-related, but yeah, this was fun, so I'm sharing it. By clicking on the photo, the tombstones before the obituaries were posted next to them, the enlarged screen allows for reading the headstones. Have fun. I did.
Be well, do good...

1 comment:

Roger said...

Too funny. What a great idea. how many states do you have left?