Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Airships Ahoy


In the spirit of Jules Vern and Robert Louis Stevenson comes the fine novel for young adults titled AIRBORN. I've always liked learning about airships. The Nazi propaganda ship HINDENBURG became a movie with George C. Scott and Anne Bancroft. It's a favorite of mine. So too is the kid's picture book by the same title. After decades of absence, yet another airship sails now: over the San Francisco Bay and Golden Gate Bridge is the newest of these amazing floating airships & for $500 a person can take a one hour tour ride. www.airshipventures.com is the web address. (I'm too tight to pay that kind of money for a 1 hour ride, but I do enjoy looking at the website and photos from the Zeppelin.) I listened to AIRBORNE on CD while I traveled so much this month. "Full Cast Audio" presents it in full cast drama style, complete with sound effects, and well, literally, a full cast. It was a great 10.5 hours!
Be well, do good.

No comments: