Sunday, July 17, 2011

Monet's Kitchen


Monet's Garden is well known. Those of us that like landscape design and architecture are well aware... But, less familiar is Monet's Kitchen. Google it. Image it. I'm a fan of the delft blue tile and copper. So.... for the longest time I've had plans to build a small weekend-get-away cabin/cottage. For years I've begun collecting things for this place.
Years ago, in the small Danish town of Dragor, just outside of Copenhagen, I stayed in a great old farm Bed and Breakfast. A retired couple from Minnesota was staying there. Daily, at breakfasts, we began talking of their weekend cottage that they had build in their retirement years. That experience, coupled with the great little ochre colored cottages of fishing-village Dragor, overlooking the Baltic Sea toward the west coast of Sweden, gave rise to this dream. Some of my future posts will be devoted to the fruition of this dream.
Be well. Do good.

No comments: